Saturday, September 1, 2007

This is it! Or something like that...

I've been told -- or perhaps by some standards encouraged -- to start a blog. A blog! Why -- I've said slightly ugly things about people who have all of this time to sit around and not only write their own thoughts, but also read other's ramblings. Then, during an incredibly trying time in my life, while reading the only 3 blogs I've ever kept up with, I decided to expand my proverbial horizons and try my hand at writing and reading at other sites.

Oh, was I ever dismayed (if that is even a word!) While I have belonged to many diverse organizations during my lifetime (La Leche League, Scouts, Ham Radio, food co-ops, a fundamental church) that have definitely made me feel that there are DECIDEDLY different people in the world, I now had hard written proof of their existence. I read about these people and entered into their world of words that gave me more the reason to feel like I needed to just keep my thoughts and opinions to myself -- I surely did wish they had!

Oh well, here I am anyway. My favorite oldest son has come home for the weekend and, with the suggestion of a family friend, has taken me to this site and helped me begin what hopefully will be a fun, exciting, and learning experience.

I want to begin my making the admission that I really don't expect anyone to read this with any regularity. Sure, I know that my "booster club" of APN, Nate, and Wilsonian might keep tabs on me making me feel good about my endeavor, but I don't expect the masses to come. This is not a "you write it and they will come" type of experiment. Like many people, I have always wanted to write a bookor even better a school curriculum. However, while raising 4 sons and working to "school" them, I never either had the time or made the time. So, I want for this space and time to be a place where I can tell my stories, where I can share my experiences, where I can put to paper the words in my heart.

Was that syrupy or what! But that's what I want in/from this venue. And... I do have some stories to tell, too!!

later...

2 comments:

Erin said...

Yaaaay!
So glad that you finally made the plunge, K!

I think you'll find that as you're out and about in the blog world, your own place here will grow into the kind of community that will give you great joy.

I'll be keeping tabs, for sure :)
Peace to you...

Nathan Slatter said...

Whoo hoo!!!

My other mother has began her blogging adventure! And I look forward to tagging along with you.

Nate